Who are we?
Two Canadians who love going to bed with the sun and waking up beside it. We’ve got major sweet tooths and typically fuel ourselves with sour jelly bellys or Snickers chocolate bars. We have yet to find sour jelly bellys in New Zealand so we’ve quickly fallen in love with jet planes and predict we’ll always have some on hand during our hike. We’ve been together for a long time but we have no doubt that walking next to each other every day for over a hundred days will be a challenge. You see, we each have our flaws. Matt has to stop and re-tie his shoelaces I swear AT LEAST every thirty minutes. Just a couple of days ago, he didn’t make it to the top of the driveway before re-tying them. Me? I tend to sing. A lot. All the time. If you say one word and I can come up with a song that has that word in it, you bet I will be singing it and singing it loud.
Five facts about us
- We just spent five months in Asia.
- We love walking, but we also love Netflix binging.
- In South Korea, we spent 13 days walking 400km around Jeju Island.
- We met in high school.
- We loveeeeeee ramen.
Five facts about Quinn (that’s me)
- I used to work in a chocolate kitchen and no, I never got sick of chocolate.
- I’ve sculpted a Buddha out of lard at culinary school.
- My first love was Johnny Depp.
- I can rap “Love the Way You Lie” by Eminem and Rihanna.
- My dream job is a park ranger.
Five quick facts about Matt
- He loves me with all his heart.
- He doesn’t like writing, so #1 is what he gets for making me write this.
- He tore his AC on a rugby trip to New Zealand and now he has a big bump on his shoulder.
- He’s a coffee snob.
- He has size 13 feet and they’re weird so he can never find shoes that fit.